fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Monday, January 01, 2007

My family visiting - I'm so glad I don't have to regularly cook for 12. I'd need an industrial oven and toaster.
We had borrowed the spare microwave from hubby's parents so at least we didn't have to do a mad dash to the shops for that - more on that later though.
I cooked the lamb and was waiting for Tesco's to deliver the chicken so I could cook it beforehand. I thought they were coming between 1-12 but it was 12-2pm - confused surely not!! They did deliver it about 12.30 so I could get it cooked so that was part 1 of my great dinner organisation according to plan.
My uncle arrived first, then my mum and the 2 youngest nieces and eventually my sister, brother-in-law, eldest niece and boyfriend. They'd been badly delayed by heavy traffic. More presents!! My penguin fetish is being met nicely now - penguin socks, dressing gown, mug, calendar and notelets all for christmas plus the penguin tablecloth and crackers and christmas lights!! Any other ideas for penguin adorned things - one day soon I will complete my penguin cross stitch and those ****** icebergs.
Dinner - I think between my brother-in-law, mum amd myself we did an excellent job of getting the dinner done especially as the 'new' microwave did not work either!! We were trying to warm the meat up and the light was on, it was going round and making the right sort of noise but no heat!! Just what you do not want to happen when that is the last thing you are trying to do when cooking for this amount of people. We eventually had to go back to the old fashioned method of warming in the oven!! Not easy when trying to juggle roasties for 13 and 26 yorkies, sausages and stuffing and roast veg. Ever thought you'd overcommitted yourself! Gave up with pudding and just had ice cream and profiteroles!! Thank goodness for the dishwasher!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home