fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Paranoia sets in - or am I just unlucky!! I'm beginning to get paranoid that the world is against me and after today, I feel justified!!!!Got woken up at 3am by son saying he is feeling sick and he looks awful. Did eventually, manage to get him and me back to sleep. Woke up at 7am and realised that son is quite poorly with high temperature and then find out from his twin sister that about a third of the school are off with tummy bug - great - just what you need before christmas and on chemo!!Phoned mother-in-law and she wanted me to do 40 min round trip to drop son up there before I went to 9.30am chemo. Couldn't do that as had to get other kids off to school and there are 2 of them retired and no commitments. Eventually, she agreed to come here. Poor boy couldn't really walk so wasn't going to take him out of house!! Realised I'd run out of calpol so had to ask neighbour to buy some for me.Got to chemo. Saw Dr after an hour and found he'd ordered my chemo so thought great that should speed things up today. Found out my neutrophils were 1 and WBC 3 but they still wanted me to have it!! :( Great with all these bugs about!!.Went into treatment room at 11.45 so thought 'great, will be out by 1pm' and she even managed to get a blue cannula in so whooppee. Had the vinorelbine and then the herceptin and then waited for the zometa. Told - pharmacy being slow with this today. Waited until 2.30pm when found out I needed another blood test because path lab or whatever hadn't done my creatinine level. So had to wait till 3.45 before I could have the zometa. I'd had so much saline by that time that I needed the loo and as the drip was precariously balanced in my right hand and my lymphoedema makes my things difficult with my left, this lady's husband who I'd never met before had to push the drip stand into the loo for me cos the loo is so small it is almost impossible to get in. Fancy getting to the stage where you need a male stranger however lovely he is to help you to the loo!! As my hubby had got home by this time, I went into the post office collection point to get my parcel and after 15 min wait found it wasn't there!!Got home and got confused message from my hubby that his mum had collected my prescription only to open the large box to find the calpol so he had to go out to get it for me.Now I can't find my Ipod - ever felt you should have stayed in bed!!Hope tomorrow gets better!!Kate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home