fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Tesco - My nearest Tesco is built on the side of a slight hill so all the car parking is at different levels. It is a huge store but only has 20 disabled parking slots (first right up the hill and at the beginning of the level bit) and about 30 parent parking slots. They recently redid the car park and added more parent slots but no more disabled slots. Now, I've explained that you go up the hill and the disabled slots are first right so you can imagine what that does to the queue trying to get to the further up slots as all these usually old dears block the entrance and seem totally unable to negotiate their cars into the extra wide spaces. They always seem to be hitting each other so am not keen on parking there but there again I can never park there either cos there's no space!! There is a lso a dire shortage of small shopping trolleys. A weeks ago I complained that I could not park anywhere on the level and that there were no little trolleys and again 8 days ago. Both times, I did not receive a reply. This morning, there was all sorts of arguments between these wrinklies and the disabled spaces and the queue didn't move for ages while they sorted themselves out but I did manage to nip into a normal space on the flat so partial success!! I then thought I would try to get to speak to the duty manager. I waited about 10 minutes to speak to her - all the customer assistants had disapeeared, there were no seats so ended up perching on the desk like some sort of gnome who'd lost its fishing rod. Eventually, the duty manager came and took all my details and couldn't explain why they'd extended the parent spaces but not the disabled ones nor why there is a shortage of little trolleys. I hate having to ask each time at the desk if someone would get me a little trolley if there are none at the top. The assistants always look down their nose at me when I ask because I think they think I'm just lazy not ill. I do want to boycott Tescos but they are cheaper and their internet shopping service is good (apart from today where the server appears to have crashed and I need to amend my order for tomorrow - help).
If I do not get a reply, soon I'll start a one woman protest outside. It makes me feel that Tescos have a policy of trying to encourage parents to shop there as they feel they would have more spending power than a disabled person or am I just cynical?
PS - I used the toilets upstairs today there and was impressed by how clean they all looked rather than the ones downstairs which always seem to smell unpleasant. the reason why these were so clean became apparent - there was no toilet roll and no hand soap so had to complain again!! honest - I'm not always whinging but there comes a point when I've had enough and that point was reached htis morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home