fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Monday, January 01, 2007

Christmas Eve - poor Laura. She was so poorly that I took her to the Out of hours Doctors. We managed to get the first appointment at 10am but when we arrived there were already people there- apparently it had been so busy that they started early. I told the health care assistant that I had neutropaenia and he just stared blanky back at me. I tried 'chemo' and 'no white blood cells' and he still looked blank. I explained that I needed to sit in a separate room from all the other people and he said there weren't any. I knew there had to be cos it was in the old antenatal suite and there are 5 rooms there!!! Eventually, I told him I already had a chest infection and if I caught something else I would die - OK so I probably exagerated but it was a possibility!! It got a response and he ran off to ask the doctor who immediately sent Laura and I into the spare room. It makes me so angry when basically a receptionist is called a healthcare assistant and they have no or little training in medical matters. Lots of healthcare assistants in hospitals have been trained and are good but there again there are others....................
Anyway, Laura came home with antibiotics and spent the rest of the day laying around and looking poorly.
Hubby and I wrapped presents in the evening and bunged the stocking presents in the children's pillow cases. the wins know it is us that supplies the goodies but AJ believes in the 'Snata' hat delivers presents but not any in any 'Santa' that appears in a shop etc. I think that is called 'not having all your eggs in one basket'!!!
I was very upset that evening as we'd agreed earlier in the week to do stocking presents for each other and then I found out Christmas Eve night that he'd not bought any for me ( I blame the obsession with the car port). He did look very subdued that he'd let me down and so I should think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home