fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Monday, January 01, 2007

Elasticurl - yes, this could be my new name.!!! I've been given a shampoo and a conditioner called' elasticurl' courtesy of my brother-in-laws partners' daughter - (have I got the apostrophes in the right place and do you care anyway about this!!) Thank you so much - you know who you are!! I have used it once and it has made my hair softer, shinier and the curls more relaxed but - .... why is there always a but - it has relaxed the curl in an upward direction again so I'm back to being microphone head again. (When I've learnt how to download photos from my phone, I'll put the framed microphone head photo in this blog). However, it feels so much more like natural hair now rather than the odd nylon feel it had before so it is a huge improvement and you never know what will happen next time I use it. You never know, my hair might stop defying gravity soon - there has to become a stage where gravity will have effect or I will look like the boy on the friends Reunited ad who says 'I'm bald now'

I've really appreciated having this extra week off chemo. I'm less tired and my mouth is better but I feel I've regained most of that weight I'd lost which seems a shame. Will have to see what happens this week from chemo and also find out when I will have scans and what the next step will be. Generally, my breathing is still reasonably OK but I do seem to be quite prone to getting wheezy and my hip is near enough painfree now. I'm a bit concerned about odd pains in my chest but it is around the areas where I had the radiotherapy but sometimes if I overstretch (by my standards) it hurts so much. Don't think I want to think about what the scans will show or how long this chemo will remain effective for.
On that note, I'm off to bed with my hot milk - yes- we've got a functional new microwave that I couldn't figure out how to use but Laura could!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home