fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

D'Oh Brain!!! I was convinced my radiotherapy follow-up appointment was today at 11.30 and my lymphoedema appointment at 10am. I had been cross about the follow-up appointment because the same doctor is there at chemo clinic on thursdays and I couldn't see why I wasn't allowed to see him there instead of at the other hospital the day before!!
I thought i'd better find the letter and at 9.45am I did - only to find that appointment was at 9.30am so had missed it!! I couldn't get through to the hospital so went to the lymphoedema clinic anyway where the physio managed to get a direct line through to the hospital and the oncologist and they said not to worry as they will see me tomorrow!! That was the result I wanted but achieved it accidently!!
Other good news was that my arm has gone down by about 1cm all round so now they are going to make me a smaller sleeve. Hopefully, this time it will be sent to the right department and I won't have to wait another 10 days extra for it. Wonder what my surname will be construed as this time??
Hope tomorrow I don't have to wait too long for herceptin and zometa and the Ct scan especially as I've got a different friend coming who's never been to that department before. should be an eye opener. No news on the complaint so will also chase that up.
Must tell you about my meeting win Reading next post

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home