fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Chemo Day - It was a bit of a rush but I got there for my appointment and managed to get weighed before going ddownstairs to collect the contrast drink. She put it in a squash bottle as she obviously didn't trust me to take a jug upstairs - sensible really and she even put the time on the bottle incase I forgot that too!! Think my reputation is preceding me now!! Anyway. managed to see the radiotherapy consultant who, quite worryingly I think, has turned into an oncologist as well. He was pleased my hip felt more stable but said I will continue to get this artritic type pain from now on. He really struggled with the computer so I left for my CT scan hoping that it had been sent off to pharmacy.
The radiographer took one look at my veins and decided to get the doctor to put a venflon in. He struggled but eventually got one in the back of my hand. The CT scan went smoothly but there was a long wait between the plain one and having the one after the dye contrast injection. At the end, I asked why there was the delay and was told that it was because they were teaching a medical student. Had I been asked for hime to watch - no - so again really crap communication. I wouldn't have said no but I would have liked to have been asked for my permission as it is my choice.
Managed to convince the CT staff to leave the venflon in so that I could have the herceptin and zometa through it. Got my way!! The main problem was that I couldn't get dressed afterwards as the venflon was right in the back of my hand so the radiographer helped me.
Up to chemo and in about 12.30 so out by 1.15pm. Another short day -hurray!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home