fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Becoming Yellower but Reason Found!!!
After a long day at the hospital, firstly to see the Gut Nurse about AJ, I had my CT scan done and then it was a long wait to get the result.
As usual, nothing to plan and my body being awkward!!! No consultant radiologist available so my consultant had to find the liver one who was also away so he had to see the registrar. Upshot is that they can see enlarged lymph nodes blocking my bile duct but it is a long way up into my liver making putting in a stent more difficult. The stent is a plastic tube they will put into the blockage so that the bile can flow and I can digest food again and my skin won't be yellow. If they can't do the stent via an endoscopy then they will have to do a cut and put a bag outside and then review and try again.
They are having an urgent meeting tomorrow so should hear tomorrow at some point when can go in. It might not be this week even if it is urgent so bit concerned at delay.
My blirubin has gone fro 70 to 200 from wed to tuesday - not itchy and hope it stays that way but then of course it looks as if I'm coping when I'm not. I feel ill when I eat and get all hot and sweaty but so hungry so have to eat frequently and small amounts and still pureed foods
Let you know more when I do
Thanks for offers of help with decorating - let you know when got this sorted tomorrow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home