fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Friday, June 27, 2008

Organisation and chaos in the home and improvement in the hospice.
My family are finding it so hard to cope with the different routines that are now necessary due to me being at the hospice. We need to find a system to help everyone to know what they are supposed to be doing and to remember where this system is and how to access this. I'm trying to remove myself from day to day organisation so I can have a rest and others can get used to a new way after I've gone.
Good example was that today, the twins were off to their school trip todayand hubby and I had discussed this and what needed to be prepared before today. 10am my friend brings me home to find three children - 1 a friend - and no bags to pack from the loft and no waterproof clothes and shoes gathered together. Good job my friend is fit and agile and can get into lofts then!!! I supervised the packing and everyone else including the twins did their bit. I wanted them to follow the list and make sure they knew what they were taking and why.
Tonight, thought hubby coming over to see me but AJ had stayed late at a friend's and wanted to stay at home with his dad on his own. No problems with that idea - I wanted the peace and space tonight but in the morning, hubby is off to work aat 630am and who is having AJ then!!! I left them to it and know my sister is seeing me in the morning and we will take AJ to the barbers so he looks less like a ruffian and more like a surfdude!!! Not sure what will happen after that but I need to rest.
Well all that feeling that there had been a mistake and the rads had failed to fire, I woke up yesterday with a sore throat and heavy feeling in chest and this morning woke at 5am to feeling as if insides and outsides of chest are on fire. Started the oromorph at 5am, 8am, 1pm and 7pm. Now on increased level of slow release morphine so improving but hope they don't need to increase steroid as I get so restless but that would be better than the pain.
Now in a side room with a patio and bathroom. Spent lunchtime with large glass of sherry and oromorph plus some aromotherapy so had chilled afternoon.
The confused lady in pain is much better and I feel so much more at peace here now and confident that my dying wishes can be fulfilled.
Now I've even got wifi - I'm a very happy bunny.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 5:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey there.. remember me... I offered to help get that cardi knitted for you. I hope you finally got it sorted and have been wearing it.

    Glad to see you're still battling it out... don't worry about the family if and when they have to they tend to get their acts together. Just not in the way you would yourself, but they muddle through.

    Sending lots of positive energy your way, hope the skin is still sticking to your body... for the burning, try some visualisations.. used to work on my daughter. We used to do the North Pole and snowmen.

    big hugs.. Noonie.. madwoman from the BC Forums.

     
  • At 9:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    YOH Kate!!!!! - keep it up!!! Completely agree with you about need to know people's bad news as well as the good. It all helps to keep reality in the here and now and not as a long lost dream. lOVE YOU LOTS XXXXX

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home