fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Going Yellow
Just came out of hospice today after having blood tests for herceptin and zometa tomorrow and been to see my GP who confirmed that I am jaundiced and my wee is showing bilrubin.I told them last week in the hospice that I thought my wee was going dark and poo pale and yesterday definately looked yellow.
So - is this a drug interaction or rather a sherry and drug interaction or have they missed something again as when I had my last ct scan 4 weeks ago, they were so concerned about my oesophagus and heart that they did not look at my liver properly.
The onc has just rang and said he hasn't got hold of blood tests yet but ct shows only pre-existing 9mm liver met tucked away in a safe place. He will ring me later if levels high and will have ultrasound tomorrow as well so should be reassured but scared stiff. Only been off chemo since mid may and ct scan was 4 weeks ago so hoping this is just a drug interaction problem and not a rapid new secondary.
I want a chemo free summer!!!
Kate

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 10:22 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

    Got everything crossef that it's to do with your recent stay in the wino's bay at the Hospice. hang on to the positives and try not to worry - almost impossible I know but worrying can take over everything else and you;ve done so well in dealing with the negatives by attacking them with knowledge , determination adn such huge strength - and it's worked - so keep on your high achieving road Kate, and we'll hold you up their with al our combined but puny (in cf) strength. Keep focussed on the chemo - free summer, let's hope and pray for it. love you lots - Lady Hamilton

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home