fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

What have I done?? Got my cake and ate it!!!
In a bit of a state - not helped by sleeping pill, antinerve pain drug and alcohol and steroids so this post may disappear later.
Spent morning trying to sort out finance side - very difficult and not helped by missing paperwork from bank. Am really scared something wasn't changed when we last changed mortgages and yet I know we did do it so have to go back to house tomorrow morning to find papers so can discuss with man from finance or else with have to do battle with the bank to get copy of original and to prove their negligence. Not what I wanted to do right now.
Did go and get my toe sorted out but looks as if left toenail surgery not successful really which is a shame.
Spent a lot of time in my new office with wifi which is fine as long as the nurses do not put their drugs trolley outside door and then has no signal - very frustrating and not patient usuable unless in a certain bed so lucky can get this little office to myself.
Ward now driving me mad with 3 incontinent women over 70 so loos are a big problem with either me or the nurses clearing up so getting out of the bay is essential for my sanity so the gardens have been a sanctuary as well. Think will speak to fundrasier co-ordinator here as feel we need some garden cushions somewhere as those plastic chairs and wooden benches may look lovely but aren't half hard on your bum!! Then you will know next time, that instead of your wonderful donations going towards patient comforts like the sherry, (my slush fund) the gardens will get improved. Laura wants to build a pond here. She wants to raise money for it so obviously feels it is worth a cause.
Had the social worker here and had fun but it is obvious AJ has a more serious problem than just the worrying over me causing him his social difficulties so social worker will look into it. AJ was so difficult that he made my mum cry. His school report is at odds. High achieving - no effort and poor social skills so think we will push for proper assessment for adhd/autism or emotional probs. We managed to get good work done between me and the twins and hope that we got some stuff done between AJ and me and hopefully build some bridges between AJ and Grandma.
The high light was I ate cake!!! It was supposed to be banoffee pie but was a light banana sponge with thin toffee and cream and I ate it without choking. I'm not sure who was happier - me or the kids. It was lovely to hear Laura so excited about my eating and now I feel confident I can eat anything pureed which makes for an interesting social life but keeps me confident I can do this at home. Well, hopefully, someone will do the cooking and pureeing and as long as I can lift a kettle, it'll be ok.
Will be good at home and not overdo it, I promise. Going to get help with bathing and shopping and rest more. Children do help me at home so will keep this up as well - big question is will hubby obey the rules???!!!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home