fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Weekend
My sister and her hubby and 2 younger daughters came to see me at the hospice so we all sat outside on the patio whilst I had my pureed cornish pasty and raspberry crumble with a glass of wine and they ate their sandwiches. Very saloborious really!!
Then back home to get AJ's hair done - we've got a son with eyes now. We'd forgotten he had them!!
I came back for my tea and had a quietish night and slept well.
Sunday, saw my mum, hubby, AJ and inlaws which was lovely apart from the fact that poor hubby is not coping at all and completely loses the sense and meaning of the conversation. Ended up having a big row in front of everyone which was awful.Hopefully, though it just shows what pressure he is under.
Monday - got moved back to the ward which was a bit of a blow but OK with it. Saw the solicitor to make will but the short car jpurney too much for me and ended up in chest pain at hospice by lunchtime and so oromorph and alcohol helped that. Then my friend from student nursing days ame and we had a very civilised afternoon sipping tea in the garden.
Poor hubby - he looks so desparate but just won't talk or take time off sick .It's like it's just clicked that I am going to die. We will have to find him some help even though he doesn't see he needs it.
We will have some lone time on thursday to discuss my dying wishes etc before seeing the funeral directors on friday. It's something we need to do together and again, the reality will hit him hard.
Last night, I saw all 3 children who were worn out and in Laura's case in pain from various injuries from the PGL holiday. Poor hubby just dumped them on me and ran off without even asking if I could cope with them. At the time, I did have chest pain but luckily, their godmother's sweets and Sky Sports News and more biccies soothed everybody and the hospice could see what is happening so hopefully help will be on its way to hubby.
Seeing social worker tonight with family and this afternoon Laura is going with her grandmas to get her blood test done as I feel it is too much for me to travel up there and she feels confident enough to have it done without me which is a good sign.
Off to daycare now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home