fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Well I was meaning to tell you more about my hospital stay but will do that next time. Just feeling very low today. Trying to sort out finances, wills, crem service etc is not conducive to having a cheerful day. I suppose good things did happen -
  • district nurse came early to do my bloods
  • no news from hospital so presumably new blood cultures from monday have grown nothing
  • sister in law has started to sort out my £200 gas/electric bill and given me ideas about other finacial matters
  • friends came and tidied kitchen again and sorted out daughters bed and even managed to change Laura's bed - first time in a long time. I think they found about 20 soft toys, plenty of hairbands and pens and notepads and other strange things
  • went out for lunch with friend from student nursing days
  • got 2 lots of washing done and dried
  • done an internet shop for tomorrow evening

Even though I've tried to make all that seem positive, the day just feels I've been in tears all day and stressed out by the thought of facing my finances, will writing and soring out crem service. On top of this, I found my pay was down to half pay even though I'd not been notified this was going to happen and I'd been reassured that it wouldn't happen.

Also, can not get on top of this back and hip pain. The tramadol does help but if I take it 4 times a day I get so sleepy. I'm taking this on top of the voltarol and paracetamol at times and the occasional diazepam. Seems I will have to go down the MST route (long acting morphine tablets) as this pain is getting me down so much.

Met my oncologist in John lewis today. He seemed pleased to see me so hope that is a good sign that my brain scan, blood cultures and mri scan are Ok. Can't face the alternative of bad news.

AJ has been practising his double bass - it is certainly improving and I love the sound when it is in tune!!!

going to bed and hope I can be more upbeat tomorrow. Hubby not done washing up from tonight so don't know whether to leave it but then it will be a rush in the morning or load the dishwasher.

Kate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home