fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Friday i knew I would have a long day and it felt so much better to have this extra energy from the 8mg steroid boost of yesterday, i took 4mg today.
I needed to go into John Lewis to buy a pressie for my 18yr old god-daughter. I'd looked at the .com site the night before and could see what I wanted but as it was on line, I couldn't order it as I couldn't use my discount card. however, i found something probably better at the shop and as my friend was also having to post a birthday pressie, she offered to post it for me. Thank you so much.
On the journey into town, i got a call from my portsmouth friend inviying me out for lunch so after a quick trip into town and managing a coffee, i then went out to lunch. Not sure if it was I chose wrongly or did not chew my food properly but ended up regurgitating in the pub toilet but then finished my baked potato ok.
Then it was a quick trip to the hospital for my brain scan. By this time, i had indigestion and was not looking forward to laying down flat but a couple of Rennies sorted that out.
the radilogist couldn't find a vein for the dye but the doctor did first time as they can not use te long line for the dye contrast as there has been one report worldwide of the internal tube bursting inside the heart so obviously nobody wants to take that chance.
The scan was quick - well I suppose i only have a small brain in comparison to the rest of the whole body scan I've had done before. The radiologist said she could see nothing obvious but of course it does not rule out extremely small secondary tumours but it made me feel happier so of course will worry now if get leter from hospital sooner than when i go back in a month for my chemo. I am expecting an echo appointment so will no doubt panic when the hospital appointment comes through for that.
Today, my sister and her husband came down so that myself, Woody and b-i-l and his youngest could go to the match. i was surprised how small the stadium seemed once inside it and you definately had to be of thin build to get into the turnstile. It was a 1 all draw so disappointing as our team had so many opportunities to score but they all seemed to run so slowly and their shooting skills were poor as was the marking of other players. Definately an opportunity squandered. I think I would like to go again though!!
Now trying to book tickets to see Coppelia with mum but haven't asked her yet if she is free so can't o it really!! Must do that in morning before off to sis-in-law and later onto friends for our usual mothers day dinner.
Still full from chinese meal - struggled at first - it was the prawn sesame toast that did it but ok after that once there was sauce. Ought to try to go to bed now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home