fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Monday, February 11, 2008

I forgot to mention this at my last posting that Laura had Woody and I in fits of laughter of the other night. We were watching the England vs Switzerland game and at half time the rest of the scores came up. Suddenly, Laura said 'i just don't get it. Why are they always saying 'neil' in every game?' After a couple of minutes of probing deeper, we discovered that what she was hearing was 'nil'!! As in England 2 switzerland nil' . Woody and I found that really funny so as each result came up, everytime there was a score with 'nil', we'd say 'Neil'. I think you had to be there to appreciate it!!!
That got me thinking of other things, they'd said as children.
Laura aged 6 - I don't know why people get pissed? After a deep breath, and asking what she meant , she said she told us she couldn't understand why people got their nose, ears etc pierced!!
Woody - about 3 - 'are they going to arrest those men with their handkerchieves?' on watching 2 policemen arresting 2 men - meaning handcuffs
Woody aged 4 - on being asked if this doll was a boy or a girl. He told us it was a girl because she had horns like mummy!!! When we asked to point out where 'mummy's horns' were, he lifted up her top and pointed to the dolls little boobs and siad 'there they are'!!!
Woody aged 8 - telling me in a friend's garden. 'I know what a kachina is'.Whilst we were plannning on how to answer this, he then said and 'I know what sexual intercourse is too!' I had always thought it was a chinese restaurant in the city but after asking again we realised what he meant. When we asked how he knew these words, he said he and his best friend had looked it up in their teacher's dictionary!!
Laura - when asked to write down in pre-school what she wanted to be when she left school. She wrote down 'I want to be bigger' - sensible reply I thought!!
at present, I can't thiink of anything that AJ has said. I will have to add to that later!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home