fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Just a very quick note as late and got to be up early for hubby's nephew's christening. I was planning on wearing my dress I wore when we renewed our wedding vows but can find everything but my petticoat.
I came out of hospital about 530pm on friday after the usual delay in pharmacy and my friend from school took me back to my mums and todday she took me from there to home so she's driven about 240 miles in a day in the rain. I'm so grateful to her though - it's made a big difference being home.
Thank you to Mags (my niece) for writing an update. I think she's better than me at blogging so might have to get her to dictate and write again!!!
The upshot of being in hospital was that they think it was a skin contamination thing that grew in the lab and not an infection in my hickman line but am not really happy as my white blood cell count kept decreasing and my kidney clearance rate deteriorated and I still had a slight temperature when I came home so will speak to my oncologist's team on monday and see what to do next. I really need the chemo on thursday as already I can feel my swallowing is not as good and will be away the following week.
As a reminder to myself, I need to tell you about being Queen of the commode and being to the pajama world what Imelda Marcus was to the shoe world!! Also, the continuing battle for cleanliness, the cardiology team and the patients I encountered.
Thanks for all your texts and phone calls and posting on the forums to give me support and encouragement. Dread to think what my mobile phone bill will be though!!
As Dorothy said in the Wizard of Oz 'there's no place like home' and especially my own bed and cups of tea, and a telly with a clear picture and of course - tra la la - a clean toilet!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home