fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Monday, March 10, 2008

I spent a really frustrating saturday night trying to book 2 caravans and ferries and after entering all my credit card details, I then found an error mesage on the screen plus a message saying that I would receive a confirmatory email. Well this didn't arrive and I suppose realistically I shouldn't have expected one at 10-pm on a saturday night but you get used to automatic replies so I thought this would happen.

Had to be up early on sunday as we were off to Monkey World but first had to pick up Woody from the Scout Lodge. We got there in plenty of time and all was well until greed got the better of me when I choked on a ccroissant and ended up regurgitating in the car park!! Then as went into admissions, they didn't seem to know we were coming but eventually it was all sorted out and we had a fantastic day out there even if it was abit chilly. Going around with a keeper, meant that all the primates recognised him and so would come close to the fence so we could see them really well and I also went behind the scenes abit. It was a really wonderful special day out and they looked after us really well. The golf buggy was fun and we ordered one of their mobility scooters as it is a bit hilly and uneven there for the afternoon when we had time for ourselves so of course spent ages in the play area. Not sure what was happening to my insides but when hubby was pushing me up high in the net swing thing, it felt as if my stomach and heart were moving up and down so we thought it better to stop. I didn't think it would be a good idea to collapse at such an isolated spot!!

This made me think more about my heart. I don't think I've got heart failure as my ankles go down after chemo and you would have thought if it was my heart failing then the strain of chemo would make it worse. However, after chemo, my ankles stop swelling and I can wear my gortex boots again - hurray!!! It is about 2 weeks after chemo that my ankles start swelling and my lymphoedema in my arm gets worse which leads me to think that there must be tumours growing in my pelvic lymph system and general lymph system. Don't know whether this is positive or not. It is not good if it has spread more but if my heart is still strong to continue with herceptin plus chemo then that gives me more time and hopefully more chemo. If my heart is failing, then the herceptin will be reduced or stopped and I won't be able to have the recycled chemos. The women who died very quickly were the ones who had stopped their herceptin and even when they restarted it, their cancer did not respond to chemo and they died within a month. I am therefore very reluctant to stop herceptin so although further spread is not good news, I think it gives me options where if my heart is failing then herceptin will stop and no further chemo - I can't bear to think that option cos that would give me a very short time indeed.

Still anxiously looking at the post everyday but none from oncology so let's hope it stays that way and then I don't have to think about possible brain tumours.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home