fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Monday, March 10, 2008

Wednesday - I felt better today and was quite happy until I had to take AJ to hospital. The first thing was that I was hungry so bought a banana and was planning to sit outside to eat it with AJ to eat his lunch. There was nowhere for us to go where we weren't being smoked over. Due to health and safety and a crane, we couldn't get to the non smoking area and people were smoking everywhere, - from the walk from the car park to the hospital entrance, at the hospital entrance, and in the smoking shelters. There was nowwhere for us to go inthe front of the hospital where we were not beiong smoked over. It is truly disgraceful and disgusting. The next problem that irked me was at the last appointment, we were told to go back to the day unit so we did this which is quite a long walk especially as I had been unable to take the painkillers the day before due to my stomach problems and my hip and back were hurting. We arrived at the ward and they could find no trace of us until they looked at the appointment diary and foound we had been booked into normal clinic at the same time but nobody had told us of the change of venue. The children's outpatient's clinic is right by the entrance to the hospital so it would have saved me a lot of walking. This then made us late for our appointment. Anyway, after all this, we are now going back 3 weekly and the nurse consultant is going to phone the school to ensure AJ has access to a private toilet. I told him to go to the deputy head as it would take forever to go through the school nurse and I thought it would be carry more weight if the deputy head got involved.
Thursday was Book Day and this year, the junior school decided as the Dr Who books had increased the uptake of library books by boys by over 200%, everyone should dress up as a Dr Who character. Right - I'm really going to be able to conjure up a cyberman, a dalek or an oob at the drop of a hat!!! Actually, in the end it wasn't too bad. The little black dress that has seen Laura as a Victorian maid, a witch was easily turned into Kylie's Astrid blackdress maid costume with the addition of lace around the collar and 50p spent on net curtains for an apron. The black jacket for Woody which has been used for a ringmaster and conjuror was turned into The Master and a reddish jacket from the charity shop with the addition of lace cuffs turned AJ into a clockwork man with his pirate frilly shirt underneath. There were some children that turned up as daleks and cybermen and plenty of Runaway Brides and various Dr Whos but a lot turned up as 'extras' and just wore their own clothes!!! No surprise that the teachers didn't dress up then!!
I spent the morning shopping and having lunch with friends and then had to go back afterschool to buy walking boots for the twins for their night hike friday night with the scouts. At least this time, they were staying in the lodge, the walk had been walked before so they wouldn't get lost and the weather was warmer!!! I was exhausted thursday evening.
Friday, I saw the hospice nurse and in the evening packed the twins off for their hike.
Saturday, I collected Laura from the scout lodge but left Woody there as he was staying over to help with the beaver sleepover. I thought as it was just AJ and Laura it would be an easy day as they would play. Oh no - this time they chose to argue but in the end I did get a sleep in the afternoon. Hubby was working.
In the evening I read in the local paper about short breaks in the Isle of Wight and thought that would be good so also spoke to my sister and mum to see if they wanted to come too. They did so it was now a case of trying to book somewhere - another time - another story!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home