fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

After the high of friday and saturday, I came crashing down on sunday which was rather unfortunate as it was Mother's Day after all.
! got woken up at 10 am with flowers and choccies and cards so that was lovely. I also managed a bath which is becoming a major achievement by the time you've considered getting my leg over into the bath!!! Sitting down and trying not to get my long line wet. Laura had made some bath bombs - like Lush do - it smelled slightly but not overpowering.
In the afternoon, we went to hubby's youngest sister to see her and her little baby and his parents. We all ate some chocolate and biscuits and plenty of tea but I felt cold and shivery in the car on the way over and even worse on the way back. I knew it would be hard to fit in both visits but I really thought I would be able to get to my friend's and have a quick sleep and be Ok again. Sadly, this was not to be. I came home to bed at 4pm and hubby couldn't wake me up at 5pm so left me asleep. I woke up just to see the last one on Dancing on Ice.
Monday, a friend came over to help with cleaning and hubby obviously had spring fever and cleaned the kitchen frenetically. we were waiting for the social worker and ended up having to phone as she had forgotten!!
It was a difficult visit as we were discussing my death, funeral and future plans for the children. Sometimes, it is so difficult for hubby and I to have time to talk properly together as by the time the children have gone to bed, I'm too tired to discuss anything meaningful so it is good to have an intermediary sometimeswe went to AJ's 'special assembly' where his class told us all about all Australia and then we met the twins. The smiles on their faces reassured me that they had got into the school of our choice. it was such a relief.
Had a terrible night, with nightsweats and stomach pain and remembered this was how I felt at this stage after last chemo. I felt truly awful this morning but had to do the school run cos of the double bass and guitar. I came home to bed and a friend put the washing out for me. Inbetween, numerous trips to the loo, I did eventually sleep for 4 hours.
Still feel as if I've been kicked in the stomach and don't know if I want to eat or not or what tablets to take to help.
Off to bed now to watch whatever footie is on with Woody and hopefully have a better night and feel better tomorrow. I've got things to do and need to take AJ back to the hospital again. It would be nice not to have to go to the hospital every week!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home