fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Friday, April 04, 2008

I was dreading this visit but it went OK. They had found me a reclining chair so at least I could rest my painful shoulder and back and keep my legs up.
My blood tests were fine, the blood cultures grew nothing and I had my chemo done and lots of xrays on my shoulder/back/hips and pelvis but got to wait until they are reported on to see if there is further spread. The onc said despite the spread in my bones zometa - the bone strengthener was superior to the others on offer so I was better staying on this. Will probably have more rads if pain doesn't settle as so reluctant to start long acting morphine.
Poor hubby had to bring Laura to see the hip surgeon as her hip has become worse. She can't walk more than a couple of miles, can't do PE and can't sit cross legged and her running is strange as she can't move her right hip properly so does a gallop with her right leg and a proper run with her left. They had to wait over 2 hours to see the registar who was not very helpful and said as she was growing it would be painful as she grew but once she stopped growing it would stop.
As it was mock SATS week and the delay so long she missed her maths sats papers and her recorder lesson. Guess what she was upset about!!!
Today, i feel high on steroids so have been able to keep going all day with help from friends with washing up, emptying the dishwasher, putting out the washing and taking more washing away to do and sweeping and hoovering. Thank you so much.
I managed to write my dying wish list and have made contact with various chapels of rest without bursting into tears.
My pain is better and so is my breathing but sadly my swallowing has not so hope it will over the next few days.
Really looking forward to going away for 3 nights from 7th April - leaving hubby at home - poor thing and have booked a caravan from a friend for part of the May half term so it's good to have something to llok forward to but with twins and AJ's birthdaays coming upo in the next 5 weeks don't think the bank manager will be so impressed.
Kate

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home