fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Well I went to see the GP who gave me antibiotics and thought the vein hurt because of the toxicity of the chemo. He also gave me iron tablets - oh joy of joys!!!! Will be so glad when the long line is in so I don't have that pain - just hope my blood counts are OK for me to have the chemo and line in.
In the evening, myself and the children went to a local panto. It was great fun. I love the unprofessional pantos as there is always so much banter and the odd mistake or mishap. It was so funny and we all joined in with the singing and all the 'behind yous'.
Saturday, Hubby was at work and I slept a lot and Laura went off to see her friend in a panto.
Sunday, I seemed to sleep for most of the day and felt very weak and low.
Monday, my uncle and my mum came down for the day. We went out for a lovely lunch eventually. I got lost again trying to find the Lone Barn and got confused where the Jolly Sailor was and somehow ended up finding the Lone Barn and had a wonderful lunch alongside an open fire. We waited until the children came home from school for my uncle to open his very belated christmas presents. As usual, my sister had bought him a very vile vase. This has become a tradition since he received an oddly decorated orange vase aabout 15 yeras ago or more. It looked like someone had spat on the side. It caused such hilarity that each christmas we have bought another vile vase. Apparently, we have beewn lweft them in his will so he will gwet thwe last laugh!!!
I went to bed at 7pm as I felt so awful. I don't know if it is the iron tablets or the antibiotics but whatever it is I'm fed feeling so tired, sick and depressed. I seem to have spent the whole week in tears or asleep. It is hardly a life is it?
Yesterday, Tuesday - I only woke up at 9am as the telphone rung, It was the distict nurse so she came round to redress my toes. My right toe has almost healed but the left one is still manky but doesn't hurt. I was due to go to the hospice to the day care unit. I felt so ill, i didn't want to go but the districct nurse and hubby persuaded me it was better to go as I would have people to talk to. I hardly ate any breakfast as I felt so bad. The volunteer driver picked me up and another elderly man and off we went to the hospice. The average age must have been 70. I was almost half the age of 2 of them. It made me feel quite depressed at first but they were all great fun and soon i found myself laughing with them. Then the social worker phoned me and i wended up in floods of tears so she came down to see me. I ended up crying through dinner and being hugged by a lovely 83 yre old lady. She said 'not to worry' and 'to keep fighting'. I felt like screaming 'I'm sick and tired of fighting' but of course, I couldn't say that. After that I had a good sleep with everyone else and then i met the lymphoedema physio who told me that my new sleeve had arrived so now I have a new sleeve which actually fits. Then I went onto the craft room where I found it was being run by a retired teacher from my children's infant school. It was a good laugh and therew was lotsa of double entendre type jokes. we made cards by threading ribbons or yarns through a mesh. I enjoyed that so will continue with going there as it is supportive even though I am young enough to be their daughter or grand-daughter. When I got home i went to bed again after finding a letter from the radiotherapy department whixch said my radsiotherapy would be on my birthday - think I need to rerrange that!!!
Eventually, in the evening, we looked through our photos pre children and put them in order so that I can put them in the album and we can write in it together.
Hope I feel better - got my blood test tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home