fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Friday, January 18, 2008

Yes - I am writing this at 3am. Had a lovely evening putting together some photos for the memory boxes but had to stop as my back hurt so much. Took usual cocktail of drugs and went to sleep but with my i-pod still playing. Woke up to 'The Whole of the Moon' by The Waterboys which always makes me sad as my ozzy friend who died last year and I used to exchange music ideas for our funerals and this was one that we both liked but I can't imagine the church being happy with that one being played!!!
The reason I woke up was pain. Pain in my little toe and my right arm so the good side. I came diwnstairs cos it's brighter down here and could see a huge pocket of pus just below the toenail. I just touched it and 'kaboom' as it always says in AJ's Spiderman comic, loads of pus came out but it feels better now. I started flucclox antibiotic yesterday for my infected big toe nails so that should sort out the little toe.
I looked at my right arm and from my elbow upwards is a red line and a lump in the crook of my elbow. Presumably, this is either a blood clot (unlikely i think) or an infected vein which the antibiotics I'm on may help. So now what do i do? Do I phone the GP in the morning and try to get an appointment without having to wait an hour for the triage nurse to 'decide' if I need to see a doctor when I already know I need to or do I phone the chemo helpline and have to go to the hospital and wait hours to be seen for the oncology junior to see me and then for them to discuss me with the regisrar or consultant to make a decision whether to scan for a clot and wait for blood tests to come back!!!! Tomorrow was supposed to be when I would do some writing about the photos of my jewellery and special things for the memory boxes
Sorry if it doesn't make sense but the diazepam and oromorph are kicking in now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home