fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Friday, December 28, 2007

It is such a relief that the children are of an age where they stay in their rooms opening their stocking presents or rather sack presents until 8am!!! They seemed happy with their lot in their. AJ still believes in Father Christmas but I expect this will be the last year as he has been saying things like 'Father Christmas isn't real in shops' as he is too busy in Lapland making presents for all the children. Hubby bought me a stocking this year - last year i bought him one and he didn't do one for me and this year it was the other way round!! I got a penguin candle - can't burn him - that would be murder!!! A penguin igloo with ginger penguin biscuits in and a penguin biscuit container with shortbread biccies in and a penguin mug so that was in addition to the penguin teatowels from my sister so that was the start of my penguin collection for this year plus a cuddly penguin who has been introduced to all the other penguins in our house!!!
We even had breakfast before proper present opening time.
AJ was so excited with his presents especially the Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtle car and the Dragon's Castle. Laura was happy with her manicure set - now I need someone to teach her how to use it as it was never my forte anyway before the chemo damage set in plus all the other bits and pieces. Woody was pleased with his 20Q improved toy. It is amazing - how does it get the answer from the questions it asks. Sometimes it couldn't guess it until qn 22 but I was still amazed by it. It does tend to ask the same questions though like 'does it have buttons?' and 'is it smaller than a loaf of bread?' but it still got 'lego'!! I got a penguin egg cup to add to my collection and a warming wheat filled cuddly penguin - is there anything penguiny I haven't got I wonder?!!!
I also got a lovely greeny necklace which went perfectly with my green jumper - now need something to hang all my necklaces up on - I'm thinking along the lines of a chrome/silver mug tree as I hate the look of those headless manequin things.
Dinner was late again - 230pm and again we didn't want any tea to eat so now have a freezer full of 'party platter' food and I need the space.
Boxing Day got off to a quiet start and at 3pm, we went off to hubby's parents. Due to a collection of reasons, we were the only ones there out of hubby's siblings but it was lovely anyway. I was definately suffering on the eating front and couldn't manage to eat very quickly and was still on the savouries whilst everyone was eating their sweet course. I did manage to drink well so that helped.
Present opening time and I got more penguin stuff - napkins, slippers, and a guest towel so I was very happy. Probably need to hunt round the house and will find other things I've missed out.
All in all, I had a fun couple of days which was marred a bit by my trouble with eating again.
Hope you all had a good time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home