fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Saturday, December 29, 2007

I could not sleep last night until 430am. This was due to having 8mg of steroid at 1pm. It is so annoying as I am always twitchy so can't settle to anything constructive and am tired the next day and can't get on with the things I needed to.
I decided to risk the wrath of the onc's secretary and asked her to get someone to phone me back about my blood results. I was really surprised that the reg phoned back within 30 minutes and said generally my blood results were OK but my kidney function test - creatinine is 100 which is high but it has been that for about 3 months. I then remembered that one of the other oncs thought I was not drinking enough water and on the one occasion that I did drink loads before my blood test it was improved. Think I will have to cut down on the alcohol and coffee and drink more water - think I'm going to be more continental with drinking more water with my coffee and alcohol. I already have my afternoon siesta!!!
I woke up at 10am and took it slowly but could feel that I could swallow more easily already.
Hubby had ordered the cinema tickets which was really a waste of £2 as there was only about 8 of us in the cinema!! I think the film was funny but i went to sleep through part of it.
Came home and went to sleep again for another hour. During this time a friend and her daughter had come to visit so more pressies for the children.
Now it is after midnight and I don't want to go to sleep but should really make an effort but my ingrowing toenail is manky again and I'm so hoprrendously constipated that I have every sympathy with AJ as I can't concentrate on anything else!!
Must go as it takes about an hour for my bedtime routine what with using the compression bandages on my lymphoedma arm, redressing my toe, swallowing lots of tablets and warming up wheat bags and generally tidying up and settling down.
Night night

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home