fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Nothing of particular note occured on Saturday apart from Laura and AJ went off to play with some friends, I went to sleep and Woody played on the computer. Some homework was completed. I noticed that in AJ's homework diary, it now said his story had been very good and he's been given a star award. I found it vry odd this comment only appeared after I'd complained to the deputy head and head of Yr 3 about the lack of support he has been getting in the class room. I know he sees a counsellor who won't let me know anything due to confidentiality issues which is frustrating. All I know is thaat AJ is very unhappy and we can't get to what it is so we can help him - realise it is probaby due to me going to die that is the real problem.
Sunday, Hubby took the children shopping for my birthday this week and then Laura went swimming with her friend.
I met up with the girls from my breast cancer support group. I travelled to Reading and got a train to Paddington quickly but the tube journey went on for ever!! We were the last there and so then went straight off for meal which was lovely. We then went onto the pub. This must have been our first meeting when I hardly drunk any alcohol - 2 small glasses and loads of tea.
I went off to the loo at one point and when I returned there was a little birthday cake and candle for me. The pub manager offered me a 'mini guiness'. This turned out to be a shot of Tia Maria with Bailey's on the top which was really lovely!!!!
The journey home was dificult as the tubes were crowded and as we arrived at Paddington, the notice board said a train was going in 5 mins. The other 2 got through the ticket barrier Ok but it wouldn't accept mine. I asked the ticket guard man and he said my ticket was not valid. I'd told the ticket guy at home which route I was travelling on and the ticket did say 'any route permitted' and 'valid for all London Terminals' so as far as I could see my ticket was valid. My 2 friends were the other side if the barrier so I told them to get their train. In the end they waited for me whilst I went to customer information who sent me to the ticket office. That took ages as he thought my ticket was valid but wanted to check with his supervisor. They then scribbled over my ticket and printed out a little heet saying again my ticket was valid. By this stage I had 3 minutes to get to platform 11 and just managed to get on the train with a big squeeze. Luckily, my friends had saved me a seat which a woman was in the process of trying to sit on when I arived with my disabled rail card and got the seat. There was no way I could have stood. This delay meant I missed my connection so had to wait for 50 mins for the next train home.
A strongly worded letter will be written!!
Monday, I went for radiotherapy planning so ended up with all sorts of crosses covered in plastic over my hip and back/shoulder!! Have the radiotherapy early wednesday morning - what a birthday present!!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    At least going early will leave you free to enjoy the day - hope it turns out to be a good Birthday. best wishes, R4L runner

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home