fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Friday, January 25, 2008

I had my blood test done quite successfully by the venesector at the GP surgery. She needed 10mls this time as they needed to do a clotting screen. i then had a successful visit to the post Office - no queues!!! Then I bought some special pens to write in the albums but think i will have to take them back as the fine end doesn't work on 3 of the pens. I also ended up taking back the sausages I'd bought as they were definately off so a mixed day!!
Thursday - hard work getting up at 645am as we needed to leave the house by 750am to get to the hospital for 830am. Eventually, we did it.
I even had a bed this time at the hospital and went down first to have the long line put in my chest as my veins have packed up now. The consultant did it this time and did it in about 5 mins. The only horrible bit was when they took off the sterile cloth over my face and chest - well it will save me waxing the side of my neck if you look on the bright side!!
I managed to walk round to the waiting room and was seen quickly by the female onc. Very oddly, my haemoglobin had gone from 80 to 100 in a week which is really unheard of but my white blood cells had dropped from 2 to 1 and my neutrophils had dropped from 1 to 0.6. This was very odd as I'd not had any chemo for 3 weeks now so my blood counts should be improving not getting worse. The onc thought there was probably an error in either this week's or last week's blood tests. How raassuring - not!!! So no chemo again.
Plan is now to have blood taken on monday when I have the Radiotherapy planning before treatment early on wednesday morning and then chemo on thursday!!!
Spent yesterday, emailing people to come out for lunch with me on the wednesday or a drinks evening on the thursday. If i haven't invited you and feel i should have done, please contact me as it is my brain misfunctioning rather than a deliberate action!!.
Got up late this morning and now it is lunchtime and still not dressed!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home