fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The run up week to our renewal of our wedding vows. Rather hectic as still needed bits and pieces. Had a rehersal in the church tuesday evening - it was difficult to get the children to keep still and AJ became quite nervous at the thought of everyone staring at him. We'd found a lovely poem about saying 'thank you' which Woody volunteered to read. He was brilliant at the microphone and read beautifully and confidently. The problem was it made Laura and AJ want to do a reading too. That meant another trawl through the internet but found 2 lovely poems about the importance of family and friends. One was only 4 lines long so thought AJ might manage that but thought I would ask his cousins if he backed out.
Had my flu jab on wednesday - wondered if it was a rsik but had flu jabs before and always been OK. Then I went off to get my face waxed - not an expeerience I would want to repeat too often but just hope it doesn't come bak so thick and dark now I'm only on 1mg. Tgought my face was going down but alas still look hamster faced!!!!
In the evening, I went over to a friend's house to meet up with the other girls who were helping me organise the hall and buffet etc. Seemed still to be so much to think about.
Friday came and mum arrived so that helped having another adut to help me especially as I needed to go to sleep in the afternoon so she could do the school run. Eventually wrote a speech. Phoned up the hospital again and found that the neuro consultant wants tto see me before he refers me for an mri on my shoulder. Not happy about this at all so will chase this up with the oncologist on thursday 18th oct and will ask for a ct and bone scan as not been done since april and as getting so breathless at times and have pain in lower back and right hip as well. Generally, I just don't feel well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home