fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Last weekend, I took the children to see my sister so we could go to Woburn together. Unortunately, during that week, my sister's father-in-law had had a fall and died which was a huge shock. We made the decision that we would still go but we would stay in a premier inn. Definately better quality than the travel lodge we stayed in. This time we had a proper third bed and a deeper bath!! Basildon has a liking for double roundabouts and I just couldn't see a building with a purple sign. My sister and her hubby couldn't believe we couldn't see it so she had to come out and stand on the corner of the roundabout so that I knew which exit I wanted!!
I could see the orange Beefeater sign but not the purple sign until we pulled up!! However, in the morning I could see why my family couldn't understand why I could miss such a building. In daylight, it is perfectly clear to see but just not lit up at night.
We went to Woburn the next day which was good fun and I loved driving round the safari apart from when I got blocked in by cars next to a sign which said 'do not stop as bears will tear off your wing mirrors' plus a bear plodding by a few feet away from the car!! The baby Macques were cute and there was a moment when the safari staff had to head a rhino off as it looked as if it would charge into a car. We did not get sat on by monkeys - they seemed to like red cars we decided!!
There was also a good play area and we went on the swan pedalos. sis and I managed about 10 minutes of pedaloing whilst the children were unstoppable. No-one fell in though!! We also had a good time going around the lemur enclosure as you could stroke them and we watched them being fed. The penguins were cute as usual and one seemed to be in hyperactive mode - wonder if they gave him steroids!!! The seal show was impressive as was the elephant talk so it was a good day out followed by a takeaway.
I had a good rest the next morning inbetween packing - check out time noon so made the most of that and brother -in-law's culinery skills for a cooked breakfast and a roast dinner before heading home.
Monday - we saw the vicar about retaking our vows and trying to choose readings and hymns. We also saw the hall and were trying to work out how much banqueting roll we would need and how to set the tables up to how many table decorations we would need. That night, I had a cava tasting evening with 2 neighbours which went on to 120am!!! This wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't done the same thing the next night with 2 other friends and although I was home about 1130, I couldn't settle till 1am.
Tuesday - I saw the chest physician who explained a lot more to me about lymphangitis and how it interferes with the transfer of oxygen into the blood stream. My transfer rate is only 55% and it should be 100%. That must be my number as my heart function is only 55% as well. I'm amazed I can do as much as I can and not get too breathless. All that aerobics and gym work must have paid off in my dim and distant past then. He was very charming and helpful and said that my right lower lobe of my lungs has collapsed and there is nothing they can do about that as it is a blocked bronchiole which has caused this and it is too small to stent. He recommended a very high steroid inhaler and wasn't too bothered about me staying on steroids as the side effects would outweigh the advantages and anyway I wouldn't live that long enough to worry about the side effects!!!! Glad to know he is such an optimist then!!!
Then went to work and out for lunch.
Wednesday - I drove off to east sussex to meet up with others froma breast cnacer support group. it was brilliant to meet up with other people who you only know as user names but often have long chats with. I stayed until 930pm so got home about 11amand couldn't get steeled to sleep until 1am. Determined to go to bed earlier today but it's not happening is it!!
Thursday - waited over 2 hours to see consultant about my numb fingers and lack of movement. Got to go back for xray of neck to check for secondaries there and he will talk to the neurologists to see if should have MRI/CT or ultrasound. However, there is an 8 month waiting list to see the neurologist so may have to pay privately as can't go on like this. Will see what the onc says next week when I go back to see the onc for treatment. Do you think he will have the info - any bets anybody!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home