fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Friday, August 10, 2007

Well, after these postings all at once I suppose I should get down to business and tell you what has been happening healthwise.
Wednesday, I eventually recieved a letter telling me to phone the hospital for my chest clinic appointment which I did but they could only offer an appointment in september as we are way inbetween times. the urgent referral was done at the end of June!!!
Thursday, I went to the chemo clinic and got seen reasonably quickly but had to wait as my blood test was not back. It was an interesting consultation as always - conflicting info again.
Tykerb is now not being reviewed for licensing till the end of November now - wondered why it had not ben in the news!!
The onc was pleased that the steroids were helping my breathing but wants me on only 1-2mg and I'm still taking 4mg at present so will have to cut that down slowly. Worried that I will lose my increased energy levels and I am so enjoying being able to have a normal day that I can wake up and can function at 8am and function all day until 1030pm. I do not want to go back to having to struggle to get up in the morning and spend all afternoon in bed and go to bed at 9pm. Although, I know I am rather manic and fidgety and can not concentrate for very long on anything at present so do need to cut down the steroids so that I'm not looking like I should be sectioned under the mental health act. I have to reread and edit my emails and postings or else I just go on forever and repeat myself and have all incomplete sentences so will have to reduce whilst I'm away. I know I'm all sped up as I've also lost 5lb in 3 weeks and I'm eating a lot. I've also got lots of bruising on my legs and my face and ankles are all puffy so that is not good.
Anyway, now just trying to pack etc. Have fun.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home