fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hi to anyone who stillr eads this, this is Mags (Emma). I have been missing Kate, my poodle, so much recently and have been up late looking at photo's and emails when I found this one and amongst the tears it made me smile and I thought some of you may enjoy it and it may make you smile too.

Dear all


I thought you might be interested in knowing the result of an exhaustive

study performed at the home of well known researcher Kate Trundell into

whether exercising mind control over the growth of weeds and the reduction

of the ironing pile actually worked.

This study performed over a matter of the last week involved the researcher

staring wistfully at her ever increasing pile of ironing and overgrowth of

weeds and seeing if mind control could stop the weeds growing or indeed if

the weeds would keel over and disappear and that the clothes would

miraculously uncrease themselves. However, results published today revealed

the startling fact that it didn't matter how long the weeds or ironing were

glared at nothing changed. A change of tactic was then employed which

required the swallowing of a lot of voltarol (anti-inflammatory painkillers)

and activity and resulted in the garden being relatively weedfree.

Unfortunately, the ironing pile has still not reduced and so some of the

clothes have been put away in a creased condition. This may well require

another study to see if the clothes uncrease themselves in the wardrobe and

cupboards but at least the settee is visible now.

If anybody requires more information into this study please contact the

above named researcher to arrange a date to go out for lunch, or an evening

searching out the effects of alcohol or a visit by the researcher.

Looking forward to seeing you soon

Kate

PS Greece was lovely - brilliant not to have to cook and shop




I love her so much... I miss her everyday xxx

5 Comments:

  • At 12:51 PM , Blogger Clare said...

    Emma,

    That made me laugh...

    (((hugs))) to you though as you sound like you may need some

    Clare xx

     
  • At 8:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    She sounds lovely

     
  • At 7:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I still think about her and miss her posts. I hope that you and the rest of her family are okay...

     
  • At 5:43 PM , Anonymous Ian H said...

    Hello Emma.
    I don't know if you will read this but Kate and my late wife Debs were "partners in crime" on the BCC forums. She was Debsincornwall. My darling passed away December before last.

    I was just looking at the BCC forum again. Once in a while I look to see how some of the other ladies are doing. I remembered Kate had a blog, so here I am :-)

    I hope Kate's family are well. The family I "inherited" from Debs are all doing well and give me a reason for living.

    Life moves on but the love they left us is always there.

    Take care

    Ian

     
  • At 12:27 AM , Blogger Zena said...

    It's October 2011, I was just thinking about DippyKate.
    This email is hysterical - she was such a comedian. I hope her children are doing alright. Kind Regards, ZS

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home