fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

I've just re-read my entry for last week so that I know where to start today and am sorry have been so slow at updating.
It seemed a long time over Easter at the Hospice as so many things were shut down or not working and I didn't see a doctor over the weekend which seemed strange. There again, in the world of hospices, I think it is something you have to get used to as often your condition isn't always changing as much as it does when you are acutely ill in hospital. As I was 'stable,' I didn't need to clinically (medically) see anyone but if i did then I was sure I would be seen.
It is such a meaningless word 'stable'. It is the literary equivalent of 'nice'.
It was an extremely busy weekend for the staff here as there were so many ill people coming in and going out again.
Easter Sunday - I went home for the afternoon and the first part of the evening. The children had so many eggs, it was unbelievable. Laura had made me some little chocolate eggs which was sweet. They had all made me cards which were lovely and all had chicks as their theme. Pete bought me flowers so it was lovely having all these handmade gifts.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home