fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Felt so tired on Sunday. We were driving to Wiltshire and was meant to leave about 10am. I really struggled to get out of bed and into the car and was hardly scintillating company when we got there. I did have a lovely roast chicken pureed and I really enjoyed it. I think we have so much mince that I'd forgotten about chicken. The 2 families went out and Laura came back with a lovely dragonfly that she'd made out of willow so will have to find a spot in the garden for that.
I had a sleep and had a vaue recollection of them returning but went staright back to sleep again.
We left about 7pm and it was so dark it felt like October. We used to have holidays in September and I've been swimming in the sea at this time of year and now am wearing winter clothes.
Monday - had lots of people here or seemed like it!! My friend came and did loads of ironing and I hung out 2 lots of washing. Then the hospice nurse came and then the care co-ordinator came to do a risk assessment. That was an interesting ecperience having someone peering at your hoover deciding whether it was safe and looking at your bathroom!!! then I had about 6 forms to sign.
My hair is definately beginning to fall out now - just wish I could do something to keep it until 20th for Goodwood. I tried on my wig from 2005 and that definately needs a trim or something. I then tried on the one from 2006. Goodness knows why I chose it. Style wise it's not too bad - short but a bit flat but it's auburn and Pete hated it as he said I looked like Esther Rantzen and I'm afraid I had to agree so if anyone wants an Esther Rantzen wig then you know where to go!!!
The twins still seem quite happy at their new secondary school although Woody is gettng abit fed up with the older girls patting him on the head and calling him cute. Their's is the first year with boys in. He is happy wth his pizza every break time though!! Not sure my purse is!!! Laura is buying a combo meal so gets dinner, fruit or salad and a drink and some sort of pudding. Today, she had a pasta king meal - whatever that is!!! She is coming home and doing her homework on her new desk and we are still having to nag Woody to do his and then he is rushing it again and you can't read what he has written - it is so frustrating.
The childminder is on holiday this week so I've had to go up to the junior school to collect him but she is back tomorrow and my friend who has been walking AJ to school is also away this week. I do hope she has had better weather than we've had here.
I 've had a rough week with the taxol this week. I've had joint pains and the runs so much that I know I've lost weight despite trying to up the fortisips and the prosene. Will have to dodge the dietician on thursday.
Still getting depressed about food. I've started to eat on my own in evening and not sit with the family whilst they are eating as I get too depressed seeing them eat normal food.
I really would like to go away for a few days but not sure how I'd manage foodwise. Would a hotel puree food?
Otherwise newswise been quite depressing. One of the women who I've met several times died very quickly over the weekend and one of my friends now has a brain tumour. It is all so scary and sad as they are young women and others on the forum are all having bad news as well from scans.
This is such a ***** disease. I'd never have believed that at my age I now need help to have a shower or have a cleaner or friends doing ironing for me. Yet I look so well.
Poor AJ seems to be really suffering at the moment - his behaviour is awful plus 2 hormonal twins = anyone want to swap lives/children???!!!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 11:50 AM , Blogger miffy said...

    I'm home! Anything to do with food let me know if I can help. I came home and went on your blog to see how you are. Glad children like new school. Looking forward to having them again. I have missed the kids.
    Sue, childminder

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home