fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Didn't sleep well last night. Seemed to keep waking up and going back to sleep again and would be holding onto a pen or a book and do a clue to the cross word and then fall asleep again. It was a very odd feeling and in the end I resorted to some oromorph as made my back hurt as sleeping in odd position.
Still can't believe it's friday so children off to school although I got up after they had left for school. As Pete now off on fridays, it gave us time to get different things done. We firstly went off to the fancy dress hire shop to get clothes for the Goodwood Revival. Really hope the weather improves or it will be waste of money hiring out these clothes!!! This time I wanted a dress so have got a 1940s style dress and little hat. Hoping that I will still have hair - it usually goes from the crown first so the hat will cover that bit and as long as I have some hair left round the sides it should be OK. Pete has borrowed a 1950s suit so looked very spiv like this time.We then came back to the local shops as we needed to go to the bank and get some food shopping. I also bought my self some trousers and a stripey cardigan which was on the wrong hangar so is too big for me so will have to take it back to get smaller size one which is a nuisance. I also managed to get a brown peaked hat which will also cover up any bald spots appearing form now till the great shave off. Just hope the hair on my face will go at the same time.
Spent the afternoon in my sanctuary typing out the order of the crematorium service and trying to find a company that will do a small print run. We want something different and more uplifting than just a plain one that we could knock off on the computer and the quote I got from one company was the same as one of the undertakers was quoting and then we can have the background and picture we want. I still need someone to volunteer to read my niece's poem and someone to collate and read out tributes from friends although I know the priest will read it out if necessary. I also need someone to collate and read the tribute from the family or more specifically Pete as I don't think he would be able to do it on the day. I've also written out 2 versions of my dying wishes - one for family and one for friends so will probably be giving these out at some point. Cheerful sole aren't I - still have no faith in the taxol as it is not improving my breathing and my swallowing although obviously having a good effect on my liver function and my lump in my armpit. Perhaps as it is just such a low dose, it wll take more time to get a ny effect on these or the consultant feels nothing will improve my swallowing now.
I'm having 2 or trying to have 2 fundrasiers for the MacMillans Biggest Coffee morning in the world, I'll jut ask for a one off donations and if people want to order from the catalogue they can or take part in the guess the name game. Really I see it as a chance for a get together and chance to catch up and make money. The wine and nibbles one is on tuesday 23rd at 8pm and coffee and cakes on friday 26th from 1030am so please come along. If I forget to send you an invitation, Im really sorry as I'm so forgetful at present, I've probably missed someone and no offence meant. Really am Dippykate at present.
Even though both laptops are vista, you have to save any word document in the 1997-2003 word version if both computers are to read it so have to keep saving it and transferring it on the memory stick - long winded by the time you've sorted out the way to save. I went to sleep before Pete had transferred it and can now see the cap to the memory stick but not the actual stick so probably in Pete's pockets as usual. Pete woke me up as he came to bed so am now awake again!!!
Was supposed to be meeting the new support group in Portsmouth tomorrow and although would lie to go, I just can't face sitting round a table in a nice restaurant and not being able to eat anything and feel I should rest a bit more tomorrow as busy on sunday. Perhaps i could just turn up for pudding if I feel up to it!!
I tried some of the new type of high calorie drink tonight - it wasn't too bad but can't see i can drink a litre of it a day. It comes in 500ml cartons and you can use it in cooking or can freeze to make ice lollies. It comes in 3 flavours - orange, vanilla and banana but the GP surgery said I can only order banana and vanilla.Why??!! You have to build up from half a carton to 2 cartons a day so is going to be very wasteful.
Getting tired.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home