fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Not well enough for taxol
Had a mixed week after tuesday. Took the kids to see Kung Fu Panda and slept all the way through. Never slept the whole way through before!!!
Thursday - went with my friend who was lead interior design and decorator to get some mopre things for my room before seeing the oncologist. Very disappointed that my liver fuction tests and bilirubin levels are still too high to start taxol. Getting very scared that they won't drop enough for me to ever start. I think he said my liver got very inflammed even though the tumour is small that blocked the common bile duct so I suppose that is why it is taking time to get back to normal. Just very scared that it won't drop enough for me to start chemo and that will be that.
After that we had lunch in the hospital and had xrays done and then went carpet shopping. We managed to get a carpet for Laura's room and went to the co-op so we acieved a lot in 1 day = thanks my friend.
My swallowing is awful - as bad as it was in June so very disappointing about that and just hope the taxol will shrink that tumour as well as the liver one. Beginning to feel that I'm very much at the the beginning of the end now and still not completely organised on the memory book fronts. I think other things are more or less organised but b]need to get some positive vibes going as could get 10 -18 weeks of taxol and who knows maybe able to persuade him to retry one of the other ones I've had before so mustn't give up hope. It's just so depressing being unable to eat anything other than soup or very liquid purees.
Since then, hubby has built bed for Laura and laid carpet so it looks so much better and ordered wardrobe for her. Need to get underbed storage units now and shelves in my bedroom and telly up on wall so it can become my sanctuary again. Poor hubby had his comeuppance about what he leaves on the floor - he managed to jump onto an upturned plug so has been limping about for the last 3 days.
Off to sisters to won't be on line probably till tuesday now.
Kate

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home