fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Friday, June 27, 2008

Still part of the human race
I really big thank all of you to know that so many people take time to read this blog and it helps us so that we are not always fielding phone calls etc to give out the same info. This makes me feel as if I'm still in the 'normal' phase of life and wanted to be treated as such as well.
I know everyone worries about not telling us some of the sad/ worrying things that happen to them or to somebody we know but we do need to know. Please don't think it will worry or stress us. It stresses us more when we can see there are problems but nobody will tell us what the matter is. Life, birth, death carries on as usual and it is important we are involved. Secrets will come out and it becomes ever more difficult when we don't know what we are supposed to know and yet the visitor/caller/texter is thinking we shouldn't be told incase it upsets us.
Quite honestly, you all know I'm nosy and if I'm worrying about you then it stops me worrying about me and my problems and you never know we may be able to help. I always feel so quilty that I take so much off people with their kindness and I can't repay them so if I can be a listening/texting ear then please talk to me or hubby.
We went through this when I was having infertility treatment and nobody would tell me they were pregnant. I would always find out (obviously!!) and in the end felt more left out.
I know it is done with best intentions and of course, everyone is entitled to their privacy but please don't forget to tell us the important bad as well as good news.
The neighbour over the road has had a baby so that's good news and on the bad front, one of my friends has died suddenly from bc this week - diagnosed 6 months after me and another friend with the disease is also very ill.
We can cope with difficult situations and it does give us an opportunity to be able to repay some help sometimes even if all we can do is listen or text. Besides - I'm nosy!!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home