fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Thursday, July 17, 2008

AAAHHHHH - STILL NO DATE
I've spent this morning trying to chase up again when I'm going to get this stent put in. Eventually, the chemo co-ordinating sister managed to get hold of my oncologist who told her that I'd been discussed at the liver team meeting yesterday but the operation would be next week and the appointment would be sent by post!!!! He also said for me not to chase as it is all in hand. That's fine for him to say that but I need to arrange childcare and hubby needs to let work know - don't these people think!! Felt fine this morning but feeling all hot and sweaty now so obviously not doing as well.
Then the district nurse came and one of my hickman's lines won't flush or pull back so rather disconcerting. She tried on two different occasions and still no luck.
Tried the GP surgery but they said the poor oncologist's secretary is getting nowhere with the liver people at coming up with a date.
Now left very scared as feel if they don't get stent in quickly I will be dead in a matter of a week as you can't live with a climbing bilirubin for that long befre permanent damage is done.
Plan after discussing with the chemo sister is that I go in tomorrow first thing and get line flushed out and blood tested to see how high bilirubin is and see if that puts me higher up the list.
On top of all this, I've been food shopping with mum, starting to organise packing of our bedroom for the decorating to start monday. Just to add to the fun - the twins remembered this morning that they needed buckets and sponges for their side stall today at school which is a charity raising event so at 9am I was out waiting for the shop to open. They've had all week to remember this as well. Now mum is busy making a toga for AJ for Roman Day tomorrow. I hate these dressing up days. Whatever the theme, I always end up having to either hand sew or machine sew something - at least mum is here and can do that for me.
Feeling very hot and sweaty now so need to sit and rest.
Let you know tomorrow what is happening.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Kate, Please do not worry about the house/the children/your Hubby! Just save your strength to fight to be with us all.

    We will make sure that you come home to a beautiful bedroom....a sanctuary for you.

    xxxxxxxxx

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home