fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Monday, May 05, 2008

Getting Better
My breathing did improve thursday night. I think the omomorph and diazepam also helped to calm me down. I'm still quite wheezy especially first thing in the morning and last thing at night.
Friday, my friend came down and we went out to a little old fashioned garden centre where i ended up buying even more flowers for the newly revamped flowerbeds. We did stop for lunch at one of the main stream garden chains but their plants were so much more expensive.
Saturday - hubby was working and in the end the children and I just stayed here until hubby had finished work when we met him in town. I took the opportunity of getting a few of the plants in with AJs and Lauras help. Woody was at football practice.
Hubby took the twins to spend their birthday money and I took Alex to Toys R Us to get ideas for his birthday. At the moment, the store is being renovated so the shop is in a giant marquee with very bouncy wooden floors. there were no disabled parking bays whatsoever and the staff were all parked in a cordoned off place right next to the opening. It made it a long walk and what with the bouncing not a very pleasant experience for my hip. I had to ask a staff member who for some reason was banging goods on the ground to stop as it sent searing pains across my hip and back. He was a bit surprised but did do it. I don't know if it is a legal obligation to provide disabled parking spots but I was not happy at having to park the furthest distance away possible.
Sunday - the big match. My sister, bro in law and their 2 middle girls came down. Hubby took AJ and Laura off to some woods to look at the bluebells and they also saw some badger sets. Laura even found a badger foot print so she was very excited about that!!! Bro took his 2 girls and Woody to see the Big Match. My sister and I went out for a cup of tea at a garden centre and nosed around around the plants and also a little craft shop where kids can make things while parents go plant shopping. I'll bear that in mind as they had some lovely beads and different sort of gift bags. I could see some beads that would match one of my necklaces so will go back at some point. My sister tried to phone to make sure the others had got to the match on time and couldn't hear what was being said due to all the noise. It was such an important match for Saints to win and this time they actually did and it apparently it was a good match to watch and the children really enjoyed all the singing and chanting etc so it sounded a lot more atmospheric than the last match we went to. I felt so relieved the Saints won so weren't relegated - more for Woodys sake and his friends!!!
We then came home and I had an hours sleep which made me feel so much better and then we all went off to a pub to eat. The food was good but they were so short staffed there was a huge gap between starters and main courses. The poor waitress looked shattered.
came hoem and got so wheezy again and couldn't stop coughing so had a very late night but have woken up now and my chest feels clear!! Hope it stays this way!!
Raining at the moment and we are supposed to be going to our friends daughter's 11th birthday BBQ at 1pm. Not sure now what is going to happen - what a shame.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home