fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Post chemo week
Sunday - felt rather tired which is hardly surprising is it. Hubby woke me up at 11am and then had an afternoon sleep but did manage a 45 min gentle gardening spell where I weeded and we tried to decide what new plant would go where. I love spring in our garden as it is so colourful and we've got lots of tadpoles and babybirds again.
Laura had gone off on a birthday ice skating trip so was late back but enjoyed it.
Thank goodness my friend had cooked some shepherd's pie for us a few days previously as we were all too tired to cook.
Monday - took a long time to get going but in the end was worth it as I met up with old work colleagues for lunch and felt better for change of scenery and company. Then went off to post my complaint letter to Primark - stupid really as I had to pass the shop to get to the postbox but don't trust the staff to pass the letter on!!
I had a few minutes to spare before meeting another friend for afternoon tea. I went into BHS and bought 2 pairs of trousers in size 16 - haven't been that size since before the twins were born!!
I met my friend in John Lewis - which prides itself in having the best view over Southampton. The Independence of the Seas was in and lots of people wanted to take photos but the blinds in the restaurant must be set off by how much sun there is so the blinds kept going up and down and opening and shutting - very noisy and disrupting - and lots of people were getting frustrated by the view, no view situation.
Then dash back to the dentist. Poor Woody had to have another baby tooth taken out as the grown up one has grown behind it leaving it still there. Then another rush to get the boys off to Archery at Beavers. Then I wonder why I'm so tired !!!
Tuesday - a hectic start as had to get the double bass to school in the rain and then off to buy footie tickets before going off to the hospice.
You would have thought that would be peaceful but after having reiki, aromotherapy, my hair done and saw the chiropodist and made the world's strangest butterfly you've ever seen, it didn't feel like it. I suppose I also felt a bit of pressure as also had to pick up Laura to get the guniea pigs to the vet as they have worms. Apparently, it is unusual for guinea pigs to get worms so typical of us really isn't it!!!!! Well, £40 later now have drops to give them and hubby and Laura had to disinfect the cage and dry it out so now the poor creatures are in the shed in a little cage as it was raining so much, they couldn't dry the hutch out. After this another dash to the co-op and then the childminders.
It was supposed to be a quiet evening but seemed to spend a lot of time downstairs before being able to watch Man U vs Barcelona in bed so will be an All England final but as not sure what channel it is on we probably won't be able to watch it anyway.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home