fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Sunday, April 13, 2008

It had been a better night and not so cold. We set off for the other great tourist attraction aka Blackgang Chine. I made a fool of myself at the carpark entrance when I tried to ask a dummy where the disabled parking spots were!! I found them by following the sign in the end like most normal people do!!

The kids really were looking forward to it and as soon as I saw the rollercoaster I wanted to go on it too. Only problem was it said that you had to have no physical disablilities so I dispensed with the stick and gave it to my mum so I could go on it.(After all these years of following rules, I think now I can let myself go a bit don't you think!!) It was a bit faster than I thought but pleased I did it even if I did have to ask for help as soon as the safety bar came down as AJ pulled the bar down so hard I couldn't breathe so they had to unlock it and start again!!

The rest of the place was very hilly with lots of areas for me to sit down and the children taking it in turns to push me up the hill. Honestly, even when walking it is so much easier if someone is pushing you on the back up a hill!!!

The Island seemed to be ahead of us in garden terms. There was so much blossom, tulips and even a ceonothus looked about to bloom and the primroses and garlic flowers. It really was so pretty. I love spring and odd to think I will never see spring again. Everything I do from now on feels like it will be for the last time so I do truly try to make the most of it.

We spent all day there but again I was desparate for a cup (not a plastic cup) of proper tea!!!

We ate in a lovely pub in Shanklin - again we'd run into problems trying to get pizza for evening meal - lunch yes but not in the evening so after asking around we were recomended The Crab in Shanklin - well worth it. the food was lovely. Laura was again true to her chocoholic self and had a large slice of chocolate gateau with cream which again disappeared in seconds. Woody and I shared a sticky toffee pud with custard which was lovely.

That night, sis took the children to the club at the camp whilst I tried to start packing. I must have spent about an hour trying to stuff a mummy bag into its very small sack as it was not needed as the blankets were warm enough. I was absolutely exhausted by the end and really out of breath.

Nearly at the end and I didn't really want to go home and wished we'd booked for longer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home