fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Now have got a new extra bannister which is proving very useful as I need to cling on half way up to get up the stairs. I've also got a nw made to measure lymphoedema sleeve - well it was made to measure for someone but not me!! The middle finger part is about 1cm too long and it is so tight on the index finger, the tip of it had gone blue within 3 mins!! But - at least this time, they have spelt my name right!!!! I've also got a new long handled shoe horn but it has a spring on it so it is awkward to use and I don't understand why it is there!!!
On Saturday, the boys had a daytrip out with the beavers to a theme park and meet Father Christmas. Someone took the wrong toy home so AJ ended up with a sort of playdo thing and Woody a sort of mini mecanno set. They were absolulety exhausted when I picked them up!! Laura went off on a sleepover at 4pm and had to return quite quickly as she realised she had not packed any pjamas!!!
Before Laura went out on her sleepover, she and hubby went out on an Autumn Watch tree hunting do at the local park. It was poorly advertised so poorly attended which seemed a shame as she came home with a lot of lovely pictures, mazes and made a couple of apple bird feeders loaded with seeds. It looked really good.
Sunday - Hubby took Woody out on his bike so they had good fun. I had an afternoon sleep and couldn't work out when I woke up what time of day it was and if I needed to get up quickly to get the kids to school!!
We eventually got round to putting the 'spooky halloween' gingerbread house. It looked fantastic but tasted disgusting!!!
I cooked a sunday roast - the first in a long time and asked hubby to peel the potatoes. Well, don't quite understood what he did but he managed to slice quite a big chunk out of his right thumb with the new potato peeler so ended up using all my new kitchen gadgets - the jar opener, the ring lid puller and the spikey thing to hold the potatoes on when being peeled. It is a fantastic device. So the only thing I haven't used yet is the sock putter onner!!!! I was really pleased to achieve the meal without too much extra help although everyone helped out by laying the table and making drinks etc. We also managed to have a good laugh at the table as well which made a change from the usual dinner upsets we have. Laura has really developed a liking for gravy - I think she must have drunk about half a pint of the stuff!!!
Next post - being ill again

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home