fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Having a steroid induced insomnia so thought I'd copy the poetry/readings we had at our wedding as they were so beautiful and for those who were unable to make the service, you can read the poems so it makes more sense in the blog. The twins actually did the 'As I Look Back' as part of their yr 6 literacy. I think it is a very grown up poem for their age.

As I Look Back
Author Unknown
As I look back on my life
I find myself wondering.............
Did I remember to thank you
For all that you've done for me?
For all of the times you were by my side to help
me celebrate my successes and accept my defeats?
Or for teaching me the value of hard work, good judgement, courage and honesty?
I wonder if I thanked you for the simplest things..............
The laughter, smiles and quiet times we've shared?
If I've forgotten to express my gratitude for any of these things,
I am thanking you now
and I'm hoping that you've known all along how much you are loved and appreciated.
Thank You for Coming
Andrea Gabriella
Thank you for coming and sharing our day,
Hope comes from loving, and loving from friends
After you leave, we will be left with the stars
Near stunned by the grace with which such a day ends
Know you coming has helped us on our way
You are the fields on which a marriage depends
Opening scenes no heart can convey
Unloosing sweet music that now will be ours.
Our Family
Author unknown
Our family is a circle of love and strength
With every birth and marriage, the circle grows
Every joy shared adds more love
Every obstacle faced together makes the circle stronger.
I think these are beautiful words and are worth reading in thgeir own right.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home