fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Friday, November 24, 2006

Back to the Grindstone - don't know why it feels like this as I'm not working but I have so many appointments that I never seem to be in or have time to finish all the projects I've got on the go or even blog!!
Monday - hospice social worker to talk about what we are going to tell the children. Rather emotional afternoon.
Tuesday - workshop about the chemo experience. This was run by the cancer network for this area. It was well run and facilitated but there were only 10 of us which seemed a shame. There had been little guidance about who could come but it did seem a bit odd that some had had chemo over 5 years ago so I couldn't see that they could comment on what was happpening now about the info given to patients or waiting times etc. Anyway, I feel it is something I could contribute more to in the future. You know me - I have to have my nose in somewhere!!
Wednesday - my wonderful ironing friend came. I was upset as I'd been out in the morning to try to find some scrapbooks to do memory books for the children. I ended up upsetting myself and the shop keeper and I couldn't find what I wanted. Whilst she ironed I looked this up on the internet and found a shop about 5 miles away so went there later. They were wonderful and kind and had a huge amount of stock so although I got upset again at least I got what seemed suitable.
Thursday - big chemo day. I went on my own but a friend joined me about 1pm and stayed till 4pm so that broke my day up. I saw the consultant I hadn't seen for a year. He was very symapthetic to my predicament of not being able to plan anything as I don't know my expiry date but he did say there were still more chemos I could have.Not sure whether that counts as good or bad news. Unfortunately, my vein wouldn't play the game and I ended up with a small cannula and a long infusion time. More on this later.
Friday - I met up with my mother-in-law in Marks and Spencer. I think they should give me a discount now as I go there so frequently for coffee and/or lunch. We shopped for the children's pressies and ate a big lunch!!
That evening we went over to friends for a meal. We had a good laugh - mainly at one of our friend's expense who appears to be allergic to his skin. Hope he forgives us all. Food was wonderful as well!!
Saturday - hubby at work. Homework and then AJ's best friend came to play. As it was a lovely day, I thought we could go out to a park with lots of lakes on and the children love paddling in them. We had a fantastic time especially as AJ's riend has a brillaint imagination. He kept planting bombs so we had to hide behind trees and rocks to be safe and then we got chased by raptoids. I also found out that there is a world war that goes on every night in the woods behind his house. Woody asked if he meant Iraq but he was quite clear it was at the bottom of the graden. Funny, we live less than half a mile away and we don't notice it!!! He was also keen on the idea of falling in the mud and water which again I wasn't - the thought of transporting muddy children in a small car was too much.
Then .......................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home