fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Sunday - Hubby took the children out swimming and apparently AJ can now jump into the deep end and get down to the bottom and retrieve things. Shame he still can't swim more than 5m!! I managed a really excellent toad in the hole - well if I don't boast about it nobody else will tell you how fantastic it was. All was well and the twin bathed and yet again denitted. AJ was happily playing in the bath and then suddenly starting crying and saying his 'thigh' hurt. He was doubled up in the bath and it seemed to be his lower stomach that hurt. Hubby had to get him out the bath but we could not get him to straighten out. He just sat with his knees on his chest and cried. Then the phone rang and Hubby went off to talk to his friend. Poor AJ seemed to be hot and then had trouble doing a wee. Well, he had trouble getting to the loo as he could only walk bent in half!! Gave him some of that old staple - calpol - but he didn't get any better. Eventually, we got an emergency appointment at the out of hours clinic and poor hubby had to carry AJ into the car and the clinic. A neighbour came round to stay with the twins - Woody had already fallen asleep. He's like a switch. He's either awake or asleep and no inbetween. Laura was still awake though. After sitting int he clinic with AJ for about 15 minutes, he then pointed out there was The Three Little Pigs Book on a chair about 5m away and so he just got up and got it walking normally. We didn't know what to do!! The pain had obviously gone so did we stay or did we go. In the end , we stayed but by the time we saw the doctor, he was happy and ticklish!! Presumably, it was some kind of wind attack.
He had to go to school the next day as he was the monitor. Very important job of sharpening pencils and collecting registers etc and the priviledge of wearing a yellow sash. The downside is he has to be there 15 minutes before normal school starts. Oh well at least I've had no trouble getting him into school this week!!
I went to see a vicar in the afternoon. It was on my list of things to do. Not that I got very far but it was good to talk.
Hubby suggested that I make a CD of my favourite music to play at the post funeral tea party so that makes more sense. I can't see how the crem would really play The Cure's - The Forest or The Waterboys - The Whole of The Moon. It doesn't seem very appropriate. I've seen the list of favourite funeral songs and can say none of those songs feature on my list. Not sure what that says either about my personality or my musical taste but who cares.
Monday was not the best of days. I had a phone call at 9am telling me not to come to the hospital at 1.30 for my long line insertion as they don't do them in the afternoon!! I was rather surprised as nobody had told me I was due in. I then phoned the oncology secretary and the nurse consultant but nobody could see who had arranged it so i was none the wiser. Then I went to Asdas as the children had an underwear crisis. I tried to take some cash out at the machine outside the shop but the request was cancelled so I tried another machine and it swallowed my card. I wouldn't have minded but there was cash in my account for once. I had to walk all the way to the bank to get a new card sent out and some money. I must be better as 3 weeks ago I could not have walked that far! In the evening, a friend of Hubby and his wife came round. They were very shocked by my news as because everybody says I look so well and it seems so final. Hopefully, we helped them with their problems.
Tuesday - a friend and I cleared and cleaned the kitchen and some of my work papers so that looks better. In the afternoon, I went to another friend's house and her hubby got us both a bunch of flowers. Woody was rather shocked that his friend's dad would buy me flowers!!
Yesterday, I went to the Home Group which I haven't done for a while. I always enjoy it but my faith is still very shaky.
Hubby actually finished early and by the time I got back, surprise surprise he was working on the morris minor. At least this time, he did get the engine going and went off 'round the block'. 20 minutes later, he hadn't returned and the mobile was still in the house. Hubby came back after running up from the park as the car had run out of petrol. He took my car to the garage to get more petrol and then I had to take him to the park to refill the car. Luckily, by this time a friend had come round so she had the children. It was not straight forward. The petrol can had lost its spout so hubby had to improvise with a bit of piping and then the car wouldn't start. When it did, he had to keep his foot on the accelerator and so couldn't shut the bonnet and keep his foot on the pedal at the same time. Even my long limbed, flexible hubby can't manage that. I eventually came to his rescue and kept my foot on the pedal whilst he shut the bonnet. Well, I wasn't going to get dirty putting the bonnet down was I!!!
After this, my sister-in-law also arrived and the 3 of us went out to Pizza Express and had a lovley meal.
As for today experience at the chemo clinic - well I'm too p****d off to tell that story now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home