fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Friday, August 18, 2006

Then the guinea pig died - this is not becoming a good month. The children had been having a brilliant time with their childminder and had spent the day shopping with for new clothes for their teddies and going to shhh, dare I mention it to McDonalds and then I picked them up. I asked Laura to take Rosie and Snowy out of the hutch and into the run as it had stopped raining. Suddenly, Laura was hysterical and sobbing that Rosie was dead. I peered inside and it was undeniably true, poor Rosie was dead. We had a little burial service for her and Laura cried even more. That night, Laura couldn't eat and didn't settle to sleep till 1am as she was so upset.
We were going to Kent the next day to spend the week with my mum and a lot of the journey was spent with her sobbing and kissing the photos of the guinea pigs. Once we were there. Laura coped better with the distractions of being on holiday.
I had to return monday afternoon and in the end opted for the train to London and coach to Souuthampton option. I got a takeaway and went to the neighbours house for a well deserved glass of wine or 2 or 3 or so.
The next day, I got taken to the hospital for the ultrasound and needle biopsy of my lump. It was very traumatic and painful as the doctor decided not to use local anaesthetic. As the lump was 3 cm deep, it needed a long needle. The doctor felt it was not suspicious and I returned to Kent and my holiday.
Kent was good and I took AJ and Laura to Port Lympne which was fascinating even if it did drizzle. I spotted the Vic Reeves Giraffe House - very small affair I thought but intrigued to see it. We saw baby chameleons and lots of baby apes and gibbons. Hubby took Woody to the Battle of Britain Museum. My poor mum was suffering with a foot infection so she didn't come out with us much.
Back home on the saturday and back to work!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home