fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Monday, September 18, 2006

Chessington World of Adventures - we missed going there last year and it was something I wanted to do so on saturday, we packed the car and went off. It was actually quite quiet so that was nice. We hired a wheelchair as I knew I couldn't walk that far and the hills would absolutely wipe me out. The only trouble was with this wheelcahir,Pete really struggled to push it and my huge weight up hills and I had to do the braking. The advantages of this was that Chessington does a concession for disabled guests and it means you don't have to queue for the rides. This was fantastic but sometimes it meant I had to climb some steps to get to the entrance. We did the Runway Train, Tomb Raider twice, Billy Whizzer (poor Laura got absolutely soaked on this), black Buccaneer (pirate ship), the waterflume and Bubbleworks. Laura and AJ loved the pirate ship ride. I did it the first time with them but it went so high I got a bit breathless as we whizzed around. AJ and Laura went back on it on their own and it was lovely to see them having so much fun. Bubbleworks turned into a fiasco. I slipped on the wet wood at the disabled entrance and really hurt my hip to the extent, they had to call first aid. All I wanted was a drink of water to take some painkillers but they could not provide this - hmm bubbleworks==water==bottles of water!!! I was told the shop could not give me some water as I would have to pay for it!! After about a 15 minute delay, we went on the ride and it was very sweet and I got rather wet.
I had recovered from this when we went on the flume ride. This was all going very well until some stupid 9-10yr old dropped a waterbomb from a bridge which landed on my chest and made me hurt my neck. Security was called but by this time, the culprit had gone.
We left about 5pm and drove back to Southampton and to a Brewer's Fayre for a meal which was lovely and relaxing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home