fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Off to the Hospice and Life in the Hospice

I got told tuesday 25th march morning after I had seen my oncology team that there was a bed for me at the hospice and the transport was ready from noon.

Mum helped me have a shower whilst the nurses sorted out everything else for me and then we finished the packing to go to the hospice. Pete also turned up to help get stuff out of my room so that all helped make me look less cluttered. I still needed 28% oxygen but could now stand and take a few steps n own so was definately stronger. The only other problem was this increasing pain in my tummy which would go rock hard and feel like a labour contraction but otherwise was beginning to eat a little better. Presuming this is the spread in my bowel layers. the doctors think it is too so that is disappointing as is causing me pain which was haven't having before and also scary for the speed my cancer grows at.

I got to the hospice about 4pm and got settled into a lovely but small side room with wonderful views of plants, bird boxes and a waterfall plus wifi access so quite happy.

I really felt that evening and the next morning, my care had gone round full circle. Now they were trying to get me rushed into going home mode and it seemed too quick.

The children came to see me tuesday and thursday evening so that seemed more normal and they are happier here as they can play with the toys or watch telly.
Let's see what happens next

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home