fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Last Taxol
Thursday was my chemo day. I knew it would be my last taxol as it really wasn't working very well now on my swallowing and my lump and skin secondary were growing. It was just important to get the CT done before I changed chemos. I also had my herceptin which went without incident but a bit long winded as usually I have the herceptin after the ranitidine and dexamethasone and this time I had it after the taxol. I couldn't sleep as all the pumps kept alarming.
In the evening, I went out with my wonderful childminder and our joint friends to our favourite indian restaurant. It was a really lovely evening and the food there is wonderful. I was so full though I just couldn't get to sleep till very late. I expect it was a mixture between the steroids for the chemo and just being overfull.
I was surprised at not being able to sleep as recently I have been so tired and feel quite different to how I used to feel. I just feel I'm going downhill now.
Friday turned out to be quite busy. I had to be up by 9am as the occupational therapist was coming to measure up where the grab handles were going for me to hold onto when I have a shower. I then had my belated birthday treat of a facial and reflexology which was lovely and relaxing.
My friend, Penny then came down from Derbyshire and stayed for a couple of hours whilst her daughter's fiance was entertained by Peter and they seemed to spend a lot of time looking under cars!!! It was good to see her again and we reminisced about our student nursing days and laughing at our clothes etc. I'm still amazed by how much brown there was in my room for 1981 - 82. I still think, as I said before, that the 80s were red,black and white.
At lunchtime, my daughter's friend mum came to see me which was lovely as we hadn't had a chance to catch up and have a good chinwag for ages.
I sort of had a rest in the afternoon, you'd be pleased to know.
Saturday - I took Laura out early in the morning to Tescos and spent about 2 hours there as she was trying on clothes as well as doing food shopping and having breakfast there. I also collected the mobile phones I'd ordered after Woody had left his in his trousers and it went through the washing machine!!! I really felt I'd overdone it and had to have a sit down while the assistants helped Laura unpack and pack the shopping. They were very helpful but I refused their offer of a first aider as I felt I would never get home otherwise.
My friend that I'd met via one of the forums came over to see me. We were supposed to be going to meet some others but i felt so tired that I really didn't want to drive over to the rendezvous so we just stayed in and chatted.
Pete took the twins off to triathlon training - this time it was cycling and swimming.
We then had a surprise visit from our friends near Winchester. He has been busy helping Pete doing the decorating - actually, I probably should say Pete has been helping him with the decorating. They came over unannounced but with the intention of helping to sort out the kitchen and do some housework.
I was so grateful that between the 3 of them they managed to clean and sort out the kitchen, the bathroom and hoover and do general housework in the house. It felt so much better to have a clean and tidier house and I am so grateful that those 3 worked so hard in tidying our house up.
At just before 4pm, Pete hadn't returned so our friend drove AJ and myself up to the community college where the swimming was and where AJ was going to try judo for the first time. AJ was excited about it and did seem to enjoy it. We met Pete whilst we were up there so he could bring all the children home.
I was thoroughly exhausted by this time and just went to sleep for a while until it was our meal. Most saturdays we try to all watch the same telly programmes and just have a bit of 'family'time. At present, we usually watch 'you've been framed' and 'Harry Hill's tv burp' and some of the celebrity dancing for red nose day and ' Ant and Dec's Takeaway'.
I just stayed in bed and hoped I would feel better in the morning and less tired.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home