fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Friday, February 23, 2007

Pointy Pete's poorly pericarditis predicament - thought that sounded enough of a tongue twister!! Well eventually, hubby got his appointment at the chest pain clinic on thursday. He turned up beautifully kitted out in his sports gear ready for a run on the treadmill. We stuck out like sore thumbs - everyone else was overweight and old!! This appointment came 16 days after he first went to the GP with his chest pain and strange tightness in his chest and when it was first noticed his ecg was abnormal so I'm not overally impressed.
They firstly did an ecg which was 'pointy' and so they thought he had pericarditis but wanted to do an echo. The echo showed he does have pericarditis as they could still see a pocket of fluid at the top of his heart and the pericardial (outer) layer was still inflammed but as his ecg was better than the previous ones they felt it was best to leave it and just take ibruprofen if he was in pain. He was relieved that it wasn't more serious but it is a nuisance that it has taken so long to get a proper diagnosis. At least, it sounds better than a 'viral infection'. I was surprised by my retention of knowledge as that's what I thought he had when he first mentioned it, all that time ago so obviously my cardiac course taught me something then that stayed in my brain!
otherwise, all Ok here apart form I'm getting quite a few twitches in my left shoulder from the nerve damage/irritation so upped the tablets last night and have been spaced out all day in a very sleepy way!! We did manage to go to see Arthur and the Invisibles which I enjoyed more than I thought but I didn't recognise David Bowies or Madonna's voices or Mia Farrow!! Not sure if that was my ignorance, poor sound quality or my sleepiness!!
Meant to be seeing the Hugh Grant film next week. Anybody been to see it yet?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home