fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Friday, November 03, 2006

Weymouth - Littlesea or Lottsamud - you decide. Well we'd only been back for a few days so had to go away again!!
Hubby was working on saturday so I left about 10am with just the children to head for Dorset. I'd decided to go to Wimborne to see the model town. There was alittle Halloween trail where you had to find the muissing letters and then find the object in amodel shop. It was a 7 letter word and Woody discovered it started with p and ended with n so he immediately knew it was pumpkin!!! Rather a short lived game then!!! After a tootle around and the children playing in the wendy houses, we moved onto the shops!! It was a good job I had Woody with me as I would never had found the car otherwise!!
Onward to Weymouth via Dorchester and Poundbury (accidently but shhh don't tell hubby). Arrived at the site at 3pm but they wouldn't give us the keys till 3.30pm. Meanwhile Hubby had left home about 1pm and arrived at the site in the morris minor about 10minutes after us!! We collected the keys and hubby and Woody went off to the caravan. Meanwhile, I totally failed in the map reading of the site and totally missed the caravan!! When I eventually got there- hubby was not happy and neither was I. I knew it was meant to be a basic caravan but I htought at least you would have parking near it. There was a steep hill and then a steep tur up and over a kerb onto a gravel track and then a steep turn up a steep muddy hill with no hard standing at all. The morris minor nearly grounded on the kerb and the people mover just slid on the mud and we couldn't get anywhere near the caravan. Hubby went back to reception as I would have completely lost it and probably got thrown off the site!! Anyway, he managed to get us moved to a more level but still muddy site but this caravan was hilarious!! It was obviously owned by an old dear whose husband must have been delighted that there was now somewhere for his wife to store all her tat. I've never seen such a collection of ornaments- cats, dogs, birds, horses and 2 carriage clocks. They also must have lived off boiled eggs as we could find 12 eggcups. This was only a 2 bed caravan as well. It worked to our advantage being moved as we got heating in the bathroom and bedrooms and we also had 2 loos!! Luxury!!! I did discove something strange about my hubby. Whilst he is fully capable of putting on double and king size duvet covers, a single duvet completely flummoxed him and I had to help him. Can anyone explain this phenomena!!!
We went swimming which helped my manky toes. Yes - side effects of chemo have hit me. Nails flaking and breaking and I have 2 ingrowing big toe nails that are decidingly manky. The good thing is as I've lost some feeling they don't hurt quite as much as they look as they should!!
Sunday, we went to the Jurassic coast - the place where we are fated never to find fossills!! We went to Charmouth and Lyme Regis. It was beautifully warm and children were even swimming in the sea on the 29th October - scary global warming or what!!
Hubby had to leave sunday night to go to work on monday. I slept in with AJ - what a wriggler he is!!
We packed and left and went to the Weymouth SeaLife centre in the rain!! It was fun but there wqas a loggerhead turtle there which had lost a flipper and been found in the Isle of Skye and flown down to weymouth to recover before being flown to the Canary Islands to be released. Poor thing - he won't have a clue how he got there. another trip to Wimborne to the shop to buy a super monkey!!
Then home to start the pumkins.
Rather a hectic monday evening as AJ got invested as a Beaver so now got about 5 badges to sew on!!! need arest tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home