fighting the invader

This is about my life as a woman of 46 yrs with breast cancer with young children

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Faces to names - I went to Exeter to meet up with other 'younger women' with breast cancer. it was brilliant to meet up with people who i'd been communicating with. The hotel was lovely but expensive. £6 for a glass of wine!! We spent thursday night eating and drinking in a pizza place. I was so full afterwards. I went to bed about midnight but couldn't settle so was watching telly when there was a loud buzzing sound. I couldn't work it out but eventually decided it was the fire alarm. Out I went, in PJs, slippers and a coat. It was raining!! The hortel staff were great and came out with umbrellas and blankets so I spent about 15 mins huddled ina blanket under an umbrella talking to someone I'd met earlier that evening. This had been a false alarm as usually the case but it gave us something to talk about the next day.
The forum was interesting, moving and at times just depressing but the best bits were the mixing with and chatting with other people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home